Start at the top and work down:
- Clean the ceiling of cobwebs.
- Clean light bulbs and light fittings.
- Clean all light switches, sockets, door furniture, doors, walls, architraves, and skirting with a damp microfibre cloth.
- Scrape away paint that went over the planned area.
- Clean the window frames and window sills with a damp microfibre cloth.
- Clean the windows with water, and lemon juice, and dry with newspaper or a microfibre cloth to remove streaks.
- Clean all mirrors with a microfibre cloth and dry them with a microfibre cloth or newspaper.
- Vacuum the floor.